Saturday 31 May 2008

podcasts really...

OK OK OK OK so I just thought I'd share some love on what podcasts i'm listening to at the moment and I'd like some suggestions back on what I should be listening to... everything I mention here you can subscribe to via itunes so I won't bother linking to everything.

The Fabric podcast is all ways really really good, Howie B has just done a two part one, the first part was older stuff that has inspired him and the second part which i am literally listening to RIGHT NOW has some wicked new stuff on, the first track being some crazy re-working of Singing in the Rain which is so dark, worth downloading just for that, and thats the current Fabric podcast, so if you do it today that should be the one you get.

I'm also a big fan of the Erol Alkan podcast, which is less regular but always excellent. The most recent one was Beyond the Wizard Sleeve live.

Durr do a good podcast with lots of the live sets from their night, and also heads up to Ed Banger and Kitsune for good electro mixes seemingly constantly. 

I also get the Guardian Music Weekly podcast, and all though I never listen to Radio 2, I guess that it sounds something like that. I don't know. They have good insightful interviews and always good guests, the most recent being Mystery Jets and Andy Burrows. The presenters are pretty bad, it kind of feels like they've just got their columnists to do it (which they probably have) so although they are occasionally witty, it all feels a bit awkward. But I like it.

The thing with listening to podcasts all the time is that you never listen to the radio, so I also get BBC Radio 1 indie weekly and Zane Lowes 5 minute podcast of his hottest records of the week.

IN NON RELATED PODCAST NEWS - 1965 and Domino Records are having a little knees up tonight at Corsica Studios near Elephant and Castle tube... so come along to that yeah?

No comments: